- A 10 - 15 hour per week commitment that requires experience with Tumblr blogging platform and familiarity with basic HTML. This is an unpaid position for the non-profit organization the Center for Sex and Culture.
- Post upcoming Center for Sex and Culture events to the website at http://sexandculture.org/ weekly.
- Perform maintenance as-needed for troubleshooting and general website functionality. Examples include: social media widget functionality, Google Calendar and Maps functionality, resolving technical problems associated with Tumblr platform.
- Adding and revising content as-needed to pages on the website, including Gallery updates and Links resources.
- Monitoring of Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, and Feedburner statistics.
- Responsible for regular, secure back-up of post content and site HTML.
- Correspondence with staff and event presenters about upcoming events, news, and improvements to site functionality and aesthetics as-needed.
- Digital webmaster guidelines manual for best practices will be provided.
Post(s) tagged with "social media"
The Center for Sex & Culture (http://www.sexandculture.org/) welcomes interns from colleges around the country and the world throughout the year to work with us. We encourage interns who are interested in bringing new ideas to the table, a strong interest in collaboration, and sex education experience.
Our social media intern position is a 10 to 15 hour per week commitment that requires experience with social media networks (especially Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr). E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Tasks for this position include:
- Posting social media updates in the form of news, event reminders, and relevant content curation across several networks: Facebook, FetLife, OPENLY, Tumblr, and Twitter.
- Developing and updating social media guidelines for current and future interns and staff.
- Implementing social media campaigns across networks for major events.
- Monitoring the web for mentions of the Center and associated organizations and people. Examples of monitoring tools include Tweetdeck, Google Alerts, and Google Analytics.
- Corresponding with staff and event presenters about upcoming events and news.
- Posting engaging content to the CSC blog athttp://sexandculture.tumblr.com/
Further information about internships at the Center for Sex and Culture can be found at http://www.sexandculture.org/intern
Loading more posts
The Center for Sex and Culture provides a judgment-free education, cultural events, a library/media archive, and other resources to audiences across the sexual and gender spectrum.
From our San Francisco home we promote creativity, information and healthy sexual knowledge.
Blog posts are curated by Center for Sex and Culture interns and staff members, including event reminders, news about events at other organizations, and media content curated from other Tumblr sites with source attribution when available. If you would like to contact us about content removal, please e-mail email@example.com.
Ask me anything Submit