The Center for Sex & Culture (http://www.sexandculture.org/) welcomes interns from colleges around the country and the world throughout the year to work with us. We encourage interns who are interested in bringing new ideas to the table, a strong interest in collaboration, and sex education experience.
Our social media intern position is a 10 to 15 hour per week commitment that requires experience with social media networks (especially Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr). E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Tasks for this position include:
- Posting social media updates in the form of news, event reminders, and relevant content curation across several networks: Facebook, FetLife, OPENLY, Tumblr, and Twitter.
- Developing and updating social media guidelines for current and future interns and staff.
- Implementing social media campaigns across networks for major events.
- Monitoring the web for mentions of the Center and associated organizations and people. Examples of monitoring tools include Tweetdeck, Google Alerts, and Google Analytics.
- Corresponding with staff and event presenters about upcoming events and news.
- Posting engaging content to the CSC blog athttp://sexandculture.tumblr.com/
Further information about internships at the Center for Sex and Culture can be found at http://www.sexandculture.org/intern