On July 1st, 2014, the Center for Sex and Culture & The Erotic Reading Circle launched a month-long fundraiser to publish our new anthology entitled Sex Still Spoken Here.
The Indiegogo campaign will take place throughout July with a goal of raising $5,000 dollars. A mighty goal, we know, but this money will go towards printing costs and actually PAYING our 27 writers (amazing right?!). As a volunteer-run project, we really need your help.
How can you get involved?
1. Donate! Every dollar helps! If you have more than that, you can score an e-book for $7 or splurge for $20 gets and receive a gorgeously printed paperback of your very own. The prizes just get better from there.
2. If you can’t donate (or even if you can) Tag us, Share us, Spread the word!
- Follow us on twitter @ssshanthology, and use our #ssshbook hashtag
- Like us on Facebook where we’ll be sharing new content from the book almost everyday this month.
- Subscribe to our email list to get daily emails with never-before-read content and teasers directly sent to your inbox. It’s gonna be sweet!
We’ll feature material from our 27 writers, including horehound stillpoint, Seeley Quest, Simone Corday, Sinclair Sexsmith, Jeff Jacobson, Avery Cassell, Dorothy Freed, Scott Bentley, C.J. Schneider, Anáin Bjorquist, Christine Solano, Lilycat, Jack Fritscher, Norman Armstrong, Holly Zwalf and more, plus sexy stuff from the editors: Dr. Carol Queen, Jen Cross, and Amy Butcher.
Why should you get involved, you may ask?
The Erotic Reading Circle is a group of writers and listeners that has gathered every week since 2006, at San Francisco’s Center for Sex and Culture, to share stories of desire and longing in a supportive and fun community setting. We believe that there should be more erotic writing in the world, not less, so that readers have access to a wider, more realistic, more human array of erotic expression – thus this new anthology, named in honor of the first Erotic Reading Circle anthology, Sex Spoken Here, published in 1997 by Down There Press.
This is the first anthology published by the Center (and the second book this year!). We have a lot more we’d like to publish from our fledgling DIY publishing arm but we are a small team of volunteers, and there is only so much we can do. Therefore, it is really up to our (and your) community’s support and help increase the reach of this campaign. We thank you from the bottoms of our writerly hearts and can’t wait ‘til Sex Still Spoken Here is … well … finally here!
With adoration & gratitude,
Carol, Jen, and Amy
The Editors of Sex Still Spoken Here
(coming September 2014)
Blogged by emilie