I love street art and I love sex— imagine them both together! I love your penut butter in my chocolate.
We only have 15 days left of fundraising. Now is the time to give!
There are three ways to donate—
- through the kinky crowd sourcing site Offbeatr.
- though WePay
- make it rain, cash or check— come see in person this Sunday at the Center for Sex and Culture Library & Archive Holiday SoiréeThere are incentives for donating, safe sex gift bag, vintage porn mag stash gift bag, signed copies of Carol Queen’s books, and CSC Library Membership— where membership has it’s privileges…
The Center for Sex and Culture’s Grace Alley Mural Project on Offbeatr: Looking to raise $2000 by December 22nd 2012 for public art celebrating San Francisco’s past sexual renegades, founders, activists, and healers.
The Center for Sex & Culture is in the process of conceptualizing and creating a public art project, the Grace Alley Mural Project, to be featured on the exterior of the Center for Sex & Culture building on the wall at Grace Alley. We have a team of our very own notorious (and not-so-notorious) muralists prepared to collaborate on this Mural, a highlight of San Francisco’s sexual history and culture. Our group of talented artists includes Eddie Colla, Finley Coyl, Amandalynn, and Éclair Acuda Bandersnatch. Their work on Grace Alley will pay homage to our city’s past sexual renegades, founders, activists and healers.
The Mural will be situated amidst nightlife, non-profits, neighborhood residential and mixed commerce — but it’s also a location in need of beautification to our Public Spaces. It will emphasize the good work of non-profit organizations centered around sex, enhance the good work we are doing here and let the surrounding community know we are an organization that plans to stay and grow in this neighborhood. The Mural will be a celebration of sex-positivity, knowledge and the work San Francisco has pioneered and achieved on behalf of sexual health, education and openness.
This Mural is a true labor of love — for sex, the community and the sex community, but we ask for your financial support to make this loving project really happen. Specifically, your monetary donations would help toward the rental of electric scissor lifts (to be used to physically elevate the artists as they work on the wall), artists’ commissions and project supplies. Any contributions you may be able to provide toward that estimation will be deeply cherished!
To see more images of the Grace Alley Mural Project follow us on Facebook, visit our Tumblr, or come see it in person at 1349 Mission Street in San Francisco, but we need your donations to fill this wall with art.
Donation levels and rewards:
Pledge $15 or more: Vintage Porn Magazine Stash.
The first 10 donors to contribute $15 will receive hand picked vintage porn stash— featuring classics from Playboy, Hustler, Playgirl, and others.
The first 10 donors who contribute $20 will receive an autographed copy of a book by famed author and CSC co-founder- Dr. Carol Queen.
$50 PLEDGE IS NOW SOLD OUT!: Center for Sex & Culture Goodie Swag Bag.
The first 3 donors to contribute $60 will be granted Basic Membership to the Center for Sex & Culture. A $60 value that includes-Discounts on events and classes. Invitation to member-only events.
The first 10 donors to contribute $100 will be granted free library membership at the Center for Sex & Culture (a $100 value).
—-About the Center for Sex and Culture—-
The Mission of the Center for Sex & Culture is to provide judgment-free education, cultural events, a library/media archive, and other resources to audiences across the sexual and gender spectrum; and to research and disseminate factual information, framing and informing issues of public policy and public health.images by LV
- babe360 likes this
- thebridgeisunderwater reblogged this from libraryvixen
- toetallyawwsomeness2000 reblogged this from libraryvixen
- hanggodaline likes this
- oliverrady likes this
- tikidelosmuertos likes this
- sexncomics reblogged this from libraryvixen
- monster-zero likes this
- eroticthinking likes this
- yankee57 likes this
- kinksncurls reblogged this from libraryvixen
- rangerbob reblogged this from libraryvixen
- sexylittlethings likes this
- somezuul likes this
- sergiotundo reblogged this from libraryvixen
- esotericsnob likes this
- baddaddyslutpleezer likes this
- wiitns likes this
- karinssins likes this
- mychaloh likes this
- volnay2002 reblogged this from libraryvixen
- dadi069 likes this
- negativesahel likes this
- evilfuckaire likes this
- hotlr likes this
- meilluminate reblogged this from libraryvixen and added:
- marilynroxie likes this
- sexandculture reblogged this from libraryvixen
- chuckmebby reblogged this from libraryvixen
- sonypackard likes this
- herverdantass likes this
- matiaspicon likes this
- drstrange32 reblogged this from libraryvixen
- artattackk likes this
- goldenshellback106262 reblogged this from libraryvixen
- tothegirlthatcantforgiveme reblogged this from iam-boobee
- artlover777 likes this
- nudewomanv likes this
- iam-boobee reblogged this from jackripher
- jackripher reblogged this from coolmythos
- coolmythos reblogged this from libraryvixen
- me2metoomewtwo likes this
- shawnmain likes this
- vk-photography likes this
- nolongertooyoung likes this
- dystopiabella likes this
- vintagemarlene likes this
- awolgina reblogged this from libraryvixen
- awolgina likes this
- lucymmonroe reblogged this from libraryvixen
The Center for Sex and Culture provides a judgment-free education, cultural events, a library/media archive, and other resources to audiences across the sexual and gender spectrum.
From our San Francisco home we promote creativity, information and healthy sexual knowledge.
Blog posts are curated by Center for Sex and Culture interns and staff members, including event reminders, news about events at other organizations, and media content curated from other Tumblr sites with source attribution when available. If you would like to contact us about content removal, please e-mail email@example.com.
Vintage Mags for Sale
Alibris & Amazon Wishlists
Grace Alley Mural
Sexology Journals Database
Ask me anything Submit