Please join the Center for Sex and Culture July 21st for what is sure to be an amazing day of photography.
CHARLES GATEWOOD: The Body and Beyond—Fifty Years of Alternative Photography
When Charles Gatewood began photographing America’s sexual underground in the early 1960s, he was considered by many to be an obsessed eccentric whose concerns were extremely marginal. Today, however, as public nudity, blatant exhibitionism, full body tattooing and piercing, and various forms of sadomasochistic excess have entered mainstream culture, Gatewood’s photographs appear not only historically significant, but also uncannily prophetic.
In his lecture, Charles will show his favorite photographs, describe how he built his erotic archive, and will answer all questions. Please join us for this special evening honoring Charles Gatewood’s achievements as a family photographer of our radical sex community.
The Center for Sex and Culture
July 21st 2-4 PM
1349 Mission St. San Francisco btwn 9th & 10th
- hip-23 likes this
- g4gti reblogged this from minamata
- micropterus-salmoides likes this
- disciplinenyc likes this
- halciion likes this
- minamata reblogged this from sexandculture
- sawyeriii likes this
- peaceshine3 reblogged this from ashleyshey
- peaceshine3 likes this
- ashleyshey reblogged this from minamata
- speakingparts likes this
- mikkimansin likes this
- moremaggiemayhem likes this
- losfantasmadeamor likes this
- carnivoreattack likes this
- isshemissshe likes this
- crowded-by-vacancy reblogged this from libraryvixen and added:
- megagooch reblogged this from trollbutt
- trollbutt reblogged this from libraryvixen
- libraryvixen reblogged this from sexandculture
- nymphomaniacness likes this
- sexandculture posted this
The Center for Sex and Culture provides a judgment-free education, cultural events, a library/media archive, and other resources to audiences across the sexual and gender spectrum.
From our San Francisco home we promote creativity, information and healthy sexual knowledge.
Current CSC bloggers: Marilyn Roxie, Miss Andry, MissIan, and Shayna Sparling
Blog posts are curated by Center for Sex and Culture interns and staff members, including event reminders, news about events at other organizations, and media content curated from other Tumblr sites with source attribution when available. If you would like to contact us about content removal, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vintage Mags for Sale
Alibris & Amazon Wishlists
Grace Alley Mural
Sexology Journals Database
Ask me anything Submit